Sunday, January 18, 2004

Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting

Yeah, I know, it says Sunday. However, it's still Saturday to me. I've been writing pretty frequently lately. I'm not saying it's good; I'm just saying the frequency in which I have been writing is a speedy one. Also, I've been listening to a lot of new music. New to me at least. Hopefully, within the next week, I can have a list of the newest tunes I've been getting down to.

I got an interesting email the other day. Apparently, John Ladd, bass player and singer for the band 7-10 Split, read something I wrote about the band back in August (Nine Bands You Should Be Listening to). Somehow he stumbled upon us and in his words, read what I wrote "on some blog site." He said the next time they played my town, we could hang out. Haha, I'm honored. I went back through the archives and reread what I wrote. I was kind of embarrassed. I thought it sucked. Anyway, it was nice of him to write me. They have a new record out this coming June, so be sure to pick it up. Punk & metal mayhem guaranteed!

So, this weekend is my weekend off work. I spent it in pure recreation fashion with Chase and Donna. We headed over to Patricia Lanes in Dothan to bowl a couple of games and shoot some pool. I'm not bragging, but I had the highest score both games. A crappy 122 and 118 or something. We attempted a few games of pool after that because it was cheaper. I told Chase and Donna that I wasn't very good at pool. The first game, I practically ran the table. I only missed a few shots. They thought I was lying, but I proved my inconsistent suckiness because I scratched on the eight ball during the second game. Chase and I called it a tie on the third game. Then, we went to eat at Captain D's. I hadn't eaten there in a long time and that was good. After that, we stopped by Wal-Mart. All and all, it was quite a fun night with the future Mr and Mrs Livingston.

Tomorrow is going to be a day of nothingness I suppose. I'm going to try to get up and go to church, somewhere. I have to return some tapes and I'd like to stop by the flea market. We'll see what happens. I guess that's it for now. Check ya self before ya wreck ya self.

P.S. Those mailorder bride sites are real. A lot of Russian chicks, young and attractive mind you, apparently want to be married to young rich Americans. I think that's my dream too...

"I need the glow of your darling face. Accept this crown of love and live in grace. I need the colors painted in your mind. Your beauty and your brilliance--so hard to find. So don't walk away. Don't turn your back. If you leave today my whole world would turn black." MxPx, Don't Walk Away, Before Everything & After.

No comments: