Tuesday, April 09, 2002

We Know It's Not Right

Greetings! Another week and not quite a month, I'm back with my addition of comments to whom it might or may concern (sorry Justin, I like my 'might' in there. Well, a lot has gone on since my last post. I'm gonna actually take this time now to let you all know that I am gonna take my writing privilege/responsibility a little more seriously and post something better, sooner than my previous attempts.

My last post was about a friend, a relationship, and a whole bundle of confused emotions. I can honestly take peace in the situation right now, possibly more, than ever before. Crazy, eh? I'm glad though. There still is no absolute result but maybe, just maybe, there will be one sometime before God calls me home... Haha, I can laugh about it now, but it's been a burden to my weak heart for a week. I've gotten caught up in commenting on other people's websites, so I'll post some things I wrote. This is in response to my personal situation, in relation to a couple of other friend's trials:

"Just to add to the madness... I much like Chase and Donna have my own situation/dilemma that I am in process of dealing with. IT'S HARD!!! Knowing, understanding, discerning, and seeking God's will. We know that His will isn't some hidden, foreign, unfindable object of truth. Granted, that often times it takes a strong, hard effort to find. I take joy in the fact that God has blessed me with a feeling of love and peace in my personal situation. Granted that the other element of my equation isn't convinced that it is God's will. I definitely think that this is a "GOD" thing and not just a "jeff" thing. I know that he will indeed reveal it to all the concerned parties when His time is here or break my heart of this fake pride that I believe to be true. All I can do is be a friend and pray that the next day will be the one where he bears her soul the truth or bends mine and I see the truth. Thank God that he is sovereign. Thank God that he is our best and only example of LOVE and that Jesus Christ was our living, breathing, human example!"

That was from Chase's website (former writer) EYE LEVEL. You nice folk can access it through (shameless plug for his site) http://www.eye-level.net In another random commentness (is that a word), I posted my opinion on a dispute between some friends on truth becomes lies :

"So... just to throw my two cents of non-reformed mumbo jumbo in, here is what I think. Both points are valid. However, I tend to believe that we wouldn't call God's Word, Calvinism or Arminianism one thing or another if either were 100% accurate. In that, if the Bible was visibly transparent, than the truth would indeed be revealed. God's word is not as simple as an Archie comic and I think that we forget to leave a little space open in the back of our polluted minds for a 2nd thought on a subject. Once we get comfortable with a belief or view we tend to become dogmatic and site all other's opinions as such heresy. The out come there is that we become disheartened with a friend or foe and loose our Christian fervored love towards them and for them. We then forsake the 2nd greatest commandment to love one another. I guess, then, as so eloquently as Scott Schultz puts it, Truth becomes Lies."

Yeah, rock the Kasbah. ANYwho, nodda whole lot more coming to my brain now. When I wad doing my reading for my New Testament class today, I found a intriguing quote. Milks (my roommate Michael Miller) and I decided to use our message board for more than it's original purpose today. We decided we would have a quote 4 the day from now on and switch on and off. Today was the inaugural celebration of that. Of course he went with a timeless quote from the 70's by a band some of you might be familiar with, Pink Floyd:

"You were nearly a treat, but really a cry."

Oh yeah, that quote I found is:

“The renewed mind knows that life will end with judgment. We must therefore live each moment under the scrutiny of the Judge. We may rejoice to know God as Father, but there must also be reverent fear! Every moment matters, eternally. The thought that we are to be judged according to our work could lead to despair; but our eternal salvation is not judged by our moral feebleness.”

So, that's about it for this session. I appreciate you all putting up with my tardiness and slacker qualities, I will try to improve. Thanx Justin for calling me your best friend. You're mine too, buddy. Oh yeah, BEST IN SHOW IS THE GREATEST, DRY, INTELLEGENT, FEELGOOD, COMEDY OF WHATEVER YEAR IT CAME OUT.

Goodnight and God bless,

Pictures, Stars, and Dreams

No comments: