Sunday, July 04, 2004

In My Ambition, I Still Am Ambiently Failing

I've been back from Melbourne for almost a week now. Working full time is normal for some, but it's tiring for me. I guess I get another break for a few years when I start graduate school. But, doing something you don't really enjoy, as I can imagine for all, can get a bit tiresome. Some things I did when I was home:

-Hung out with my Granny and took her to the grocery store. We talked about politics for 30 minutes. I've never heard her use so many explicitives in my entire life as those she used in that short period time. "Republicans are nothing but a bunch of bastards", she proclaimed.

-My buddy Jimmy and I went and grabbed a meal. I've known that guy since I was like 8; we've been good friends since. He will be a groomsmen in my wedding.

-I had my first flat tire. I was driving and I hit this little piece of a metal rod. I went to bed late and got up early and changed it by myself. I had to buy two new tires. I spent $166.50.

-I got a new laptop. Well, new to me anyway. My Dad decided to give me his because he wants to get a new one soon. It's a dinosaur though. I just mainly need one to type notes on in class and this is perfect for it. The speedy 500 MHz allows me to speed around my impressive 5 GB hard drive. The incredible 64 MB of memory gives my notebook just the right amount of memory to explore the internet with my 28.8K BPS modem card. Haha, I am happy about it.

-Also, I ate at some of my favorite restaurants. It's nice to be chubby. Jed and I used to say we're going to start to work out and we're going to go on our last "fat run." We always made more runs, and never start working out. Well, it's my turn to lose wait.

That's basically it with my life now. Maybe I'll have new thoughts soon. Maybe you'll quit reading...

No comments: