Tuesday, July 20, 2004

The 700 Club
 
I am honored to be writing To Whom's 700th post. I would say a lot of time, thought, and preparation have gone into each and every one of the 699 previous posts, but I don't know if that is an accurate claim--considering I've written approximately 450 of them. Maybe blood, sweat, and tears poured out onto the keyboards when the other three contributors of crime were writing, but I know I've posted many times when I referred to that particular blog as a "cheap post." None the less, here were are, on our way to a magical land called the efficacious life of a person with no life. Maybe that's how some would describe our humble little blog. Maybe not. Regardless, we are at a crossroads and the limits... well, there are none.
 
In preparation for this ever important post, I tried to become one with my PC, so that it might enable me to think clearly and critically about my blogging experience. I can make claims that I am a far better person for becoming a part of To Whom It May Concern. While that claim may be bold, I can defend it without any uncertain doubt. Now, that's what I call assurance.
 
I reread some of my first posts tonight. They are actually quite amusing. Not because I couldn't write well or because I was trying to be funny and aimlessly failing, but because I felt like whatever I said was going to be read. Now, the ironic part is that we have many more readers of the site today than then, but for some reason, I thought what I was going to write would be important. And it was. Not at the early moment, but it would eventually become something more. It would become part of two and a half years of words from a few guys (some more than others) and this little site would become part of our lives (and yours hopefully). Those first posts would help shape the way I communicated my thoughts and feelings to a very limited audience. All the while learning so much more about myself in the process.
 
Such a post would permit me time to list out all of my accomplishments regarding my stint here on To Whom, but that would be rather boring. I know, though, if it wasn't for me posting my opinions and ideologies on here every few days, I wouldn't be able to write as well as I do, I wouldn't be able to defend my views as well as I think I can, I wouldn't be able to come up with some of the poetry I have, I wouldn't feel comfortable explaining myself, the way I felt, or expressing those feelings I have when they are difficult to talk about. All and all, I say that there is nothing I regret about this site, except that we didn't write more often.
 
If you're reading this, for the first time or the hundredth, please know that To Whom will always be here as long as we can write and as long as Blogger will host it. Shoot, maybe one day we'll have a hand-typed html template or even a real domain. Regardless, I hope you will stick around to see what happens. Like I said earlier, we are at a crossroads, and we are limitless.

Sincerely...

No comments: