Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Death, Dying, and The Art of Ending Life
 
My great Uncle Hub died today. I'm not too broken up about it because I didn't know him all that well. The funeral is close to here, so I'm going to go to it on Friday. The sad part is, I'm looking forward to it because I get to see my family and I'll miss some work that day (both horrible reasons, I know). I'll miss him. But, I trust in God's will and his providence. I don't have a lot to say, so why not post a poem that doesn't relate to any of this:


Against Levitical Law

My day started normal
Like any other September
Things resembling the past
Eluding to allusions of the future
It was going fine
I had made plans for up until a quarter till nine
Along this day
Something got in my way
I wasn't looking for beauty
But, then all I saw was you
Everywhere I looked
All the time I stared
The biggest smile I've ever received
In my wildest dreams I couldn't have conceived
That it would be for me
Your storyteller eyes all bright and clear
A heart that I always want to be near
Things seemed like ecstasy
Until my rapture of reality
An ironic, self-defeating moment
I missed the whole scene
Someone told me about it
A friend I trust indeed
How dumb am I?
I didn't even look your way
Something as precious as your face
And I let pride get in the way
Was that smile meant just for me?

I guess one day we shall see

No comments: