Thursday, May 02, 2002

Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again

Well, as I type the ol' theme song from the Roy Rogers show, (I think that's where it's from) I have a smile on my face. Not that I haven't had a smile on my face in a while. It just seems like it has been a while since I've felt happy. Yay! Happiness is good! I made a 94 on my Sociology final. Which means if I did the math right, I have a 90.25 % in the class and yes ladies and gentlemen, that is an A. I hope everything else goes that good. If I fail my Psychology 340 final, I could get a D in the class. I better study really hard. As the semester and the school year draw to a close, I'm reminded of the last two years and what I was doing at this time. Even though I still have outlines to read, 4 hours of parallel reading to do, and 2 or 3 more finals, I just feel like it's almost over and I get a break, even though I am taking 8 hours of summer classes. It's just that reassuring feeling that this is only gonna be a short time of my life and I need to make the most of every moment and every day. "Because, that's really all that life is. A bunch of little moments." (Dogma)

I'm the kind of guy who has to finalize everything. I have to draw conclusions, so I can look back and say, this meant this and that meant that. As of yet, I have not done that, but I probably will. One common element at the conclusion of my year, every year, has been saying goodbye to a girl. First year it was (^!$#$!^) and then it was (%&*&%) last year. Haha, you thought I was gonna tell you their names. If you are my friend, you should know their names. Anyway, It just seems like this year or even this semester, I have reckoned and claimed myself to have figured out more or and become more knowledgeable than ever before. Now when I reminisce and look back, I cannot see a degree of knowledge gained by any experience or situation I've encountered. Sure, I have more 'knowledge', but I don't have the 'life knowledge' of knowing what one thing looks like or another think is in actuality. That's not a bad thing, because I obviously wasn't ready to deal with it or handle it. But, it does make me wonder, when will I be ready?

I don't want to change the world; I just want to change your mind

No comments: