Thursday, March 15, 2007

Lennonology

If you're around me for long enough, I'll probably mention The Beatles. Most of the time I relegate myself to simple banter or trivia about the group, and I desperately try to avoid using the title 'The Greatest Band of All Time' in general conversation. (Although it is an accurate statement and if you want to debate me, bring it on; I will kill you with my knowledge!) So, previous rhetoric aside, I am interested in learning more about the individuals that comprise the Fab Four. An interesting article popped up on Christianity Today’s website a couple months back that I was impressed with. The article, entitled "John Lennon's Born-Again Phase," is an interesting read for those who are curious about studying in the area of said person(s), spirituality, or even Christianity. A Lennon quote for you to salivate on (then click the quote to read the entire article):

"The point is this, I want happiness. I don't want to keep on with drugs. Paul told me once, 'You made fun of me for taking drugs, but you will regret it in the end.' Explain to me what Christianity can do for me. Is it phony? Can He love me? I want out of hell."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing this. it was certainly an interesting article.

Anonymous said...

The immense Beatles knowledge is my favorite thing about you. :-) Thank you for continuing to enlighten me.

Anonymous said...

BTW, "anonymous" = Jessica

Anonymous said...

i think i heard on the radio that john lennon had become a Christian, but because of yoko ono's influence on him and how she didn't want him to have any part in it, she caused him to get away from it after he became a Christian. now, that was all off the radio, and i don't know how reliable the source was that the radio station got that from, but i found it interesting to say the least.


hey! i see your little "Get reviewed by this blog for $40" thing. hahaha how's that working out for you???

Jeff Watkins said...

Michelle, if you read the article, that is what it essentially says.

Eh, the review thing worked twice, not so much here recently.

Anonymous said...

yeah...i read the article after i read your post and posted my comment. lol

so, you got some money from, then...right?

Anonymous said...

from it