Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Reflexive

I ran into a guy I am quasi-friends with the other night. Now this dude is a nice guy, generally. He can be a bit of jackass too. I have written him off several times and like last night, I wanted to the same simply because he's a dick. But, as our encounter passed, I got the feeling that I should let go of whatever was bothering me. Instead of holding on to bitterness and past bickering I have with the fellow, just give him a break. This is a revelation for me, of sorts, considering I can be a prick that holds a grudge. After I experienced this sense of forgiveness, the conclusion why I should follow through with this newfound act of dismissal wasn't what you might expect. It didn't feel as if God was telling me to do it, although it very well might have been Him. I simply deducted that I, as a human, am so fallible, that I can be a complete douche-bag sometimes. And my friends forgive me, most of them anyway. I need to remember that I have hurt a lot of people, and they have forgiven me. Surely I can learn from these people whom I love and admire and simply not sweat the small stuff. I think most people view me as an easy going guy. Let me tell you something: I can become a lot more easy going. Trust me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd post what I wanted to say...but, I'm almost positive it won't come out the way I want it to sound...so, I'll just say we'll have to have a conversation about it sometime...

Later, Jeff! :-)

Jeff Watkins said...

Okay, we will do that soon Michelle.

Sarah said...

No fist taps = no problems

Anonymous said...

more easy going? well that's good! i remember when you weren't so easy going... haha!

hope you're doing well!! :o)

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you don't hate me anymore.

Anonymous said...

you know, in your profile under "favorite movies" you have the movie Blow listed twice? just wondering if that was intentional or not... ?

lol

Anonymous said...

You've come a long way...you're getting there!