Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Child Unit

I'm getting so sick and tired
Of seeing full moons every night
Nothing ever seems to happen
Just a parade of endless fights
Everywhere I am
All the ways my eyes can see
Everything I hear
This stuff is seriously affecting me
I got kicked one night
Another night I got punched
Bruises and cuts are like achievements
Death doesn't seem like their intention
I've been kept alive this long
Should I worry about tomorrow
The day when I go back
To this really depressing story
Will I hold my head up
Or let this pain rest in my gut
I should not worry
Somebody is watching out for me
It's all taken care of
Reproach is the standard I should strive to be
But, I still worry
Day after day
There's nothing like going to work
And being sucked dry by those little jerks

1 comment:

Joe Kennedy said...

Now, of course you'd never admit to not knowing a band... but... if you haven't heard The Damnwells before, check them out.

They opened for The Fray last night, and they're pretty good. Brooklyn boys.