Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My Trip Home

Yesterday, I set sail for Florida. I rented a car for my journey, as the old Altima (now at 207,066 miles) is leaking oil badly. I got the cheapest thing they had, but because Avis was all sold out of "the cheapest thing they had," I got an upgrade. That vehicle was a 2006 Saturn Ion, which is way nicer than my ride. I stopped in Gulfport, MS after leaving the Crescent City. I then drove straight from Gulfport to Tallahassee, FL. I filled up with gas there and ate, then drove straight to Orlando. These are four to five hour ventures alone, respectively, but because I was in the car for a total of eleven hours yesterday, the time it actually took tends to be blurred. But, I did both of those portions of the trip without stopping. That's amazing for me considering I am the Watkins with "the tiny bladder," or so my Dad says. So I stayed with my friend Bethany in Orlando last night, and got up today and came to my folks' house. The few hours here have been good and I look forward to Thanksgiving. I hope all is well with you.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I think your superhero name should be Bladder Man. Think of the super powers you could attain...and the suit? Just thinking out loud here, but this could be the greatest idea I've ever had.

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving!

Jeff Watkins said...

Hey, that is a good idea, but certainly not your most brilliant.

Sarah said...

Greatest does not automatically equal most brilliant. Quite obviously. Hmph.

Jeff Watkins said...

I said good, not greatest.

Sarah said...

That's right, because I said greatest...jeez, BJB, keep up...

Anonymous said...

Just so you know.....your a bastard for not calling me when you were in town.