Sunday, November 19, 2006

She's Going To Die, Too!

A year ago, Forbes created an email time capsule for people to use. It was a neat idea and I myself took part in the extravaganza. Last November, I wrote an email to myself, and had it sent to myself. Destination? One year later. This is what I said:

Hi,

Jeff, this is yourself, Jeff Watkins. It is November 17, 2005. Today, you got up and rode the bus for Christy, whom you work with at Eau Gallie High School. You hung out with James Underwood; he is your one-on-one responsibility at work. You came home from work and slept some and typed some notes for Baptist Heritage class. A year ago, in 2004, you were happy to be leaving Laurel Oaks. That giddy feeling has come over you today. What will be occurring in your life a year from now? You need to work on your relationship with GOD! Do you still have those problems? Haha, you're a dick sometimes. I wonder if you/I will be offended by that a year from now. Anyway, take care.

Love,

Yourself

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't really have anything to say to this, but i wanted to let you know i read it...

i know how it feels to kind of want some kind of comment(s)...

i like the idea of a letter to yourself from a previous year... i've never done it myself, but it's cool to think about where you've been and where you are now...
love you, jeff!

Sarah said...

What if Lucy had written a letter to herself? Or Maria? Would they have gone through with all of it if their future had suddenly become their past and then the present? Like the humans, machines, machines, humans, clones, monkeys, aliens...it's all very complicated. Especially at 7:30 in the morning.