theram4jc made this template

to whom it may concern

 

About Me

Jeff Watkins
Age: Still alive
Email
Occupation: Too many things
AIM:JeffyJeffW
For sale on Amazon.com
For sale on eBay
Amazon.com Wishlist
My space
My library
My reviews and lists

Previous Posts

Happy Thanksgiving
My Trip Home
She's Going To Die, Too!
I Like Getting Money For Avoiding Real Life
Rich Posts Papers, So I Will Too (I Got An A!)
The Child Unit
Almost November
An Evening With David Bazan
David Bazan - "Slow and Steady Win The Race"
Pictures Embeded With Memories


© To Whom It May Concern 2002-2010, except for cited or source material.

 

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Back The Other Way

Tomorrow I'm heading back to New Orleans. I've had a good time at home. Because of this website, Black Friday Ads, I was inspired to get up at 4:00 AM on Friday morning. The first stop was Best Buy. I was there 15 minutes before the store opened, and there were between 150-200 in front of me. I didn't get anything I wanted because it was all gone by the time I made it in the store. They had a couple cheap computers, flat-panel monitors, and printers that I was interested in getting, but no luck. Over the next four hours I drove to Dillards, Circuit City, CompUSA, Staples, Wal-Mart, Harbor Freight Tools, back to Best Buy, and then finally Family Christian Store. I was done. I had lunch with my friend Lisa and went back home. I did buy a few cool things, but I'm annoyed at how many mail-in rebates I have to do before my "deal" occurs. I'll make a point to look for those "deals" next year, and avoid them! I want a deal now, I don't want to have to wait for 4-6 weeks. So, after a couple hours of sleep, working on the Christmas tree, and dinner, I went back to Target. They had some good deals on a few on DVDs so I looked. There I was, walking around, and what did I see but a LCD flat-panel monitor. I grabbed like I was stealing it. Making sure there was nothing defective with, I took it to the checkout in electronics and inquired about the price. $229 everyday, but $149 that day. When I checked out, I saved $15 for getting a Target credit card. $135 for a 19 inch widescreen monitor by Westinghouse. I was happy. It looks like this

Well, I guess that's about it. I'll be back in less than a month for Christmas vacation. Hopefully I can substitute teach while I'm here, but it's not looking like that will happen. I need to get the kid I'm tutoring through his finals, and I have to do that for myself as well. I have a job as soon the gym opens up on campus, but there's no telling when that will happen. That's about it for now.

So, have a good night and tomorrow. Pray I make it home safe.

posted by Jeff Watkins at 10:04 PM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Michelle said...

did you make it to that best buy in time? i pray you got back safely! i was thinking about you!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home