Thursday, March 30, 2006

A Mixtape of Thoughts

I got another ticket today. Jeez. I am an idiot. Let me just tell the city of Melbourne how much I love them and I am looking forward to making those guys $200 richer. No driver's course either, since I took one last September, when I got the last speeding ticket. Three points on my license. Let's see how much my insurance goes up. Seriously, this will cure me of my lead-foot habits. Seriously.

My cousin Andrea had a baby a week ago. Her second child, a precious baby named Phoebe, is doing well. HERE is a slide show that her friend (a photographer) created. Everything is beautiful, except for the random new-age-lofi-trance music that plays in the background.

My Compaq notebook will shut down properly, nor will not start up again either. I have to keep the recovery CD in for it to load, which takes like thirty tries. What does this mean? Blaize? Anyone?

Literally, my Dad has threatened to cut my hair. Like, he is serious. I don't believe that at 25 my opinions on my Beatlesesque haircut are getting him so mad that he feels the need to want to forcefully cut my hair. I have thought about this a lot. It's not just a pride issue. It's his need to control my life. In spite of him, I'm not going to cut it. This is ridiculous. I told my Mom tonight: "He's going to walk in here with some scissors, but he's going to walk out limping." That's right, I'm tough. Whatever.

First it was The Beatles. Then A-Ha. Then The Get Up Kids. Then Further Seems Forever. Now The Juliana Theory. Seriously, bands, if you want me to like you, stick around for a few years after you release amazing albums that change my life!

I have to read five chapters before tomorrow for school. It really shouldn't be such a hassle, but it is.

I miss house-sitting for people who own a jacuzzi. I really do.

This CD is not Radiohead. But it is The Appleseed Cast and I like it.

A quote I read today that I have thought much about:

"If any one note is dropped from the divine harmony of truth the music may be sadly marred."
- Charles Spurgeon, Lectures to My Students

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm a sucker for babies in footy pajamas...

Anonymous said...

I miss friends who house-sit for friends who have a jacuzzi.

-Bethany