Saturday, March 25, 2006

Dog/House Sitting

Well, the first night and almost second day of dog and house sitting is over with. So far, it's been pretty great. Having an entire house, large TV, pool, and jacuzzi to myself is, well, fantastic. So the house is great, but the dog... sigh... the dog is troublesome. The Mullins' dog is a puppy, but a very big and untrained one at that (I don't know the breed; I didn't ask). I took him [Copper] for a walk today and he watched part of Wind Talkers with me. It's getting better with him. Seriously, watching someone else's animal(s) proves how much I like the owners as friends. If I don't agree to watch your pet, that pretty much means I can't stand you. Or, I'm just busy.

It is spring break here in Brevard County and I'm loving it. I was asked last moment to work a day camp this week, but I'm thinking about saying no. Truthfully, just because I want to do nothing. I miss taking naps during the day. Oh graduate school, please come back to me!

I guess that's it for an update. Did everyone watch American Idol on Tuesday? When Chris Daughtry sang "Walk The Line" by Johnny Cash I was quite impressed. The 'rock' arrangement wasn't bad either. Chris was true to the original key, which is nice, however, he added his own take on it. I think he sang Johnny better than Joaquin Phoenix did in the movie. Yes, I'm being funny. Is it true? Maybe ;)

8 comments:

Freezer said...

because we all know that ray was a better movie than walk the line......:P

Anonymous said...

And..American Idol is a better show than Walk the Line...right Jeff?? haha.

Sarah said...

maybe you should take this time off to work on your farmer's tan, hmm? whitey mcwhiterton...

Jeff Watkins said...

Since my venture back to the Sunshine State, I have been able to get rid of my farmers tan, Sarah.

Justin, no, it's not. But like Jared said Ray was!

Oh yeah, your boy's a fag, yo!

Sarah said...

I'll believe it when I see it...and my opinion on the films is too skewed. I've had a gigantic crush on Joaquin (yes, we're on a first-name basis) since I saw him in "Inventing the Abbots."

Anonymous said...

I must say that I didn't like Joaquin in Gladiator, but he has won me over since then. lol

Oh, and untrained puppies can be kind of annoying because they just don't know when to stop. My friend has a dog, and her name is Copper! kinda funny!

Have a great week house sitting!

Anonymous said...

Jeff...

Your boy's a fag, yo!!!!!!!!!!!!

That makes me laught so hard.

Sometimes, I walk around my office saying it to random people...

It's grand.

Anonymous said...

BTW the anonymous comment was me...

--Bethany