Tuesday, March 21, 2006

It Ain't California Without Her

Let's pretend
Or maybe just replay
The memories that surface in my brain

Can we go back
Or just perhaps
Wish some other time were now

You epitomize
Everything there is for me
In sunny California

But the days are colder
The snow has fallen
And you have stopped your long-distance calling

I see your face
Especially those eyes
Whenever I try to hide from life

Your boisterous laughter
Of the things I miss
Even those self-defeating sighs

It's all the moments
That make me feel
What you and I had was something real

But now it's over
You have moved away
All that remain are pictures from yesterday

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm just asking to make sure you're keeping it real in your poetry... You've been to California before, right?

Jeff Watkins said...

Wendy, Wendy, Wendy... poetry is one devicive style that it is perfectly acceptable to write about occurances that have never happened. This poem was influenced by a number of self-issues, people, and other vague-nouns. But, if you are farmilar with the movie Almost Famous, then some of the meaning will be evident.

P.S. I shot up some herione since the last time you questioned my abilities. That's just how I roll.

Anonymous said...

Hey--I have a lot of pictures from "yesterday." We never did look at yours, though, huh?

-Bethany

Anonymous said...

I like this...

Jeanne said...

I like this also!

Thanks for thine comment the other day, a long long time ago, I can still remember - uh yeah, on my blog.

I most certainly am cool, I'm related to Thais ;)

see za (that was intended)