Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Getting Older, Daily...

I am done house/dog sitting. I made $75 bucks, to boot!

So, I just took an online survey. You know the kind. Where a person enters his or her information, and the survey people promise him or her that he or she is qualified for a drawing of some ridiculous amount of money. Then, one takes the survey he or she was supposedly qualified for only to find that most people who do such a thing have not actually qualified for anything. Still, because one has filled the survey out, that person is now going to be entered into a drawing, but he or she still has to fill out more personal information (as if that makes the odds any greater).

Anyway, the reason I write this is to inform you that I have moved up in the age bracket of surveys. I used to fall between the 18 - 25 bracket. But now, apparently, that's no longer good enough. The 18 - 24 crowd has to be segregated and the 25 year olds (such as myself) have to dwell between the likes of ages 26 - 34. What gives? I was prepared to face such an encounter later on in June. But not this early. Not now.

Yes, I realize that age brackets are an independent, separate and relative operation. I'm just venting about getting old.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

oh man.... You want to get hurt? :-) I thought 25 was the best age, your not old because you've yet to marry or have the added responsibility of children. Your taken more seriously but you can still pull off being a kid. Now, me...yeah I'm old I'm 31 I've literally hit the hill and now I'm coming back down from it. ;-) enjoy it while it last because at 30 your going to be laughing at this comment you just made.!! ;-) I had to comment.

Jeff Watkins said...

Debra (yeah, I'm being sarcastic), you're 31? Man, I thought you were my age. Anyway, age is a relative thing. The adage "you're only as old as you feel" is very true. I feel old.

Sarah said...

Yesterday I stopped in Quiznos so Charity could grab some dinner, and they had a Bourbon chicken sandwich on the menu...I immediately thought of you. Just thought you should know :)

And here's to living life outside the brackets!

Anonymous said...

you don't look old.