Wednesday, December 01, 2004

The Movie Has To End Sometime

Night falls on me
All I can think about is honesty
Days come and go
There is nothing for me to show

I've rethought things
The subtle conversations
Banter breaking silence

Sighs and yawns
Are our only songs
I sing because I'm sad

Only living to die
Just dying to live

I cry when I see
My life going on
Without you belonging to me

It is a selfish thought
But it is all that I want

In the movies
I could just read this out loud
But that's just fantasy

In this reality
It's not so easy
To explore your feelings
When people abhor
Understanding the meaning

Now I sit
With pen in hand
Marking these things down
If it were ever okay
To let you know
These words I am not allowed to say

Just know that I'd say them often
In frequency and with heart
Forget the odds that we'll loose
And let's just try to start

No comments: