Monday, December 13, 2004

Maraschino

I've been looking out windows for sometime
But I wouldn't ever call myself a window shopper
I find new revelations
In old hesitations
And I still can't believe in you
You're not real, as far as I can see
But, the epitome of everything I strive to be
Loving and breathtaking
Gracious and forgiving
You give me countless reasons to want to keep on living
I think of you at breakfast time
Or when I sing a Get Up Kids line
Maybe I'm silly or just a bit starry-eyed
It's all so indwelling
And this is so unbelievably telling of me
To say these things
And though I mean it all
It's still hard for me not to fall
For somebody like you
On a day like this
Good night or morning
Wherever you are
I'll still think about you
Wherever you go
No matter how far
We'll probably be apart
For the rest of time
And that's okay
I don't mind
Because I truly know
How much we mean to one another
If I had a choice between you or someone else
The option would be to love no other

No comments: