Saturday, November 06, 2004

Don't Worry, I'll Catch You

I'm impressed with University a whole lot!

Why do I do this to myself? Why oh why? Every night, I stay up so much past the time I should be down. But, I am off this weekend, so I will sleep plenty or just enjoy not working, whichever comes first. I actually wanted to stay up to go get a paper. I'd like to see if they published all the results from local and state elections. It would be nice to see if where I wrote myself in for the House of Representatives was published. Now, all the local people can see my name and thus the existence of my name will live on in infamy! But really, I just wanted to see my name in print.

I've been remaking some of my Christmas CD's tonight. I had a few before but they got jacked last September when my crib got broke into. I have four already and they contain some classic, newer, and weird covers of the Christmas holiday flavor. It's pretty much a tradition for me to make a new one each year. If I remember, I'll be sure to list my favorites tunes for the ultimate holiday CD compilation soon.

Most recently, I've been corresponding with my cousin who is incarcerated through postal mail. I enjoy it quite a bit. The dude was a big brother to me so when he got locked up, I was pretty upset. Well, now we just shoot the breeze. However, he's beginning to become more adamant about why he is not a believer. Which, for me, is fine because I can be just as vocal about why I am one. I just don't want to be like some of my relatives who write him. Though I am not a scholar, the upcoming weeks will be filled with apologetics and studying to refute some of his cliche philosophical arguments. This guy isn't going to be convinced that Jesus loves him until he sees the need to believe that Jesus actually is God himself.

You knew you weren't going to get a lot from me when you read seven posts within three days of each other, didn't you?

I'm really tired, but I feel the need to keep writing. I'm picking Chase up from work today and we're going to listen to some records. I've got a bunch I want to sell at a garage sale, so I'm going to try to figure out what I don't want. Regardless, Chase and I can pick apart anything together or pick an argument unintentionally with each other. Loads of fun is guaranteed for all.

I have this weird habit about needing to watch TV while I eat. It's so puzzling. I cannot [or will not] just eat my food without sitting on the internet, watching TV, or a movie. It's weird. I need help.

On with the last things. This is how unfocused my life has been spiritually for a while: Until the other day, I hadn't realized I had a certain anniversary last month. October 16, 2004, marks the 10th year I have been a verbally professing Christian (and with my heart too). Two weeks after that, ten years earlier, was when I was baptized. Okay, that's it. I suck, woo.

I'm sorry I'm so random.

"Our love for Thee is far too small
Who love another thing at all,
Unless from Thy pure hand we take
And love it for Thine own name's sake."
- St. Augustine

No comments: