Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Not Even A Hurricane

About a month ago, I was randomly sitting at home on my day off. I hear this loud crash and one giant thud. I jumped up out of my seat, wondering what it could be. This startling noise caused some confusion for me because I didn't know where to look as to inquire what had happened. Though I soon found out; a tree branch had fallen in my front yard. Now, this "limb" was about 15 feet long with all it's glory and at first, I had a hard time seeing that it wasn't a tree itself. But, it was a branch from an even bigger tree near the road to the side of my apartment. It fell before that tropical storm hit here and before Hurricane Charley rampaged Central Florida. Just out of the blue. Look, I took some pictures for you:

This is what I saw from right outside my porch.



This is behind the tree from which the branch fell.



This is from the top of the branch that feel. Look how long it is.



If any other branch had fallen, it would have been disastrous. The other huge branches would have hit my apartment or my car. I'm lucky. Thanks God...

No comments: