Saturday, September 18, 2004

I've Been Replaced

Hey, remember me? Sorry for the lack of anything worthwhile here. I haven't been too worried about publishing substantial thoughts on to the web. I've been recovering from Ivan. Let's just take it one at a time:
  • I drove home from work Wednesday night about midnight when Ivan was coming on shore 180 miles west of here. 231 South was pitch black (and if you know 231, you know it's not supposed to be) and with all the rain and wind, I was scared.
  • Early Thursday morning I was up, watching news and listening to the radio. I had power until 6 AM, which is funny because the worst was supposedly prior to that.
  • 6 AM - 6 PM my power was off. Though I spend a lot of it trying to sleep, watching my windows, or in boredom, I was blessed that it was only off for that long. Kudos to Gulf Power.
  • Thursday was spent cleaning water from my kitchen that had come in from outside, making sure there were no tornados around, trying to cook in the dark on my gas stove, and other assorted, but not interesting activities.
  • I didn't show up for work because the weather was so bad. Though I did call 6 hours later and my boss was cool with it. I shouldn't be doing this so much.
  • Before I knew my power would be back on in the same day, I called my Aunt in Dothan and she let me crash at her house. That was nice and comforting.
  • I worked today and, well, it was work.
  • I hit something on the way home from work and had a blow out. I changed the tire in under 30 minutes, all by myself. I'm so handy, but pissed because I gotta get a new one or two before work tomorrow.
  • It's almost 5 am.

No comments: