Friday, September 03, 2004

And Without This, I Have Nothing

It's almost 8:30 CST and I cannot recall a time in the past year that I have been up this late (or early). However, I'm feeling incredibly gross and despite my record of nearly nine months straight of not one call out, this morning, I called out sick from work. My boss was really cool when I called though. He told me I never call out on him, so he understands. I still have to work this weekend and Labor Day, but I will get time and a half for that day. I really am sick, not just a over-used ploy to get out of work. I did throw up and at one point, I was dizzy for several hours. I woke up around noon on Thursday and I haven't been able to go back to sleep since. I did legitimately need a day off. My parents evacuated Brevard County and made there way to Dothan, Alabama, where they will be staying for the duration of the storm. Yet, it looks like Hurricane Frances will be following them. There is a chance I can see them today, but I do need some sleep. I go now to find solace. Just thought you'd like to know that I only wish I could sleep.

No comments: