Thursday, August 06, 2009

William Jefferson and Jeffery Watkins

Do you see the correlation between the two names at the top of this post? Perhaps there is no real relationship. But, if you're not knowledgeable of Louisiana politics, William Jefferson was found convicted on 11 of 16 counts against him; not limited to bribery, racketeering, and using his office to broker deals in Africa. (I previously wrote about this a couple years ago.) Like the former Congressman, I was found guilty of being deceitful and unfaithful to a friend. William Jefferson will go to jail for more than ten years and have to give back half a million dollars he acquired from his dealings. I was sentenced to not being able to know someone I care dearly about.

I wonder which will be worse? His jail time or mine?

No comments: