Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Place To LIve

I found this ad on Craig's List and I responded because I love this part of town. Hilairity insues:

Original Ad

My current roommate will be moving out on the 15th of August. This house is right behind Dibert Elementary and down the street from Parkview Tavern, Delgado , Bud's Broiler and City Park. I am currently seeking a clean, quiet, and amicable female roommate. The apartment is completely furnished (besides your room, of course) so, someone with minimal furniture is ideal. the photos attached do not show the furnishings (sorry!).The bedrooms are separate, and I pretty much keep to myself, so you wont see me very often. I am not home during the day, so the place is pretty much yours from 7am to 5pm. Water and electric are included, $40 for wifi and directv. If you have a wifi card its only $20 to split the directv bill. as you can see, washer and dryer are provided, and the backyard is a great spot for coffee in the morning. The security deposit can be made in 2 payments.

I am:
26 yr old professional
clean, quiet, and love to cook
outside smoker

You are:
female
whatever age but responsible
clean, quiet, pay your bills on time


My First Response

Hello,

Are you strictly looking for a female roommate? I'm 29, responsible, not creepy, and I have a full time job, to boot. I love that part of town and not a lot is available. I had some friends that swore they were ready to get a place but not they cannot make rent. I live on campus and cannot stay any longer due to that I graduated (Masters Degree) and am no longer affiliated with the school in any way.

Let me know if you're open to options. I'd be able to pay rent and deposit and I will not ask you to sign a courier check.


Her Reply

Hi Jeff! you sound like quite a guy! unfortunately I can only have either gay males or straight females. my boyfriend is a little nervous about straight men and straight women staying together.

*Quick post script sent immediately

unless you're a gay. because if you are, we can totally do this.


My Quip

What if I said that I was a non-practicing gay male with reoccurring heterosexual tendencies?

Haha. I understand. Thanks anyway.


Her Reply

ahah! i like your personality! too bad. can you pretend to be gay?


Realism is setting in

How much is the rent again? I could pretend but the rent is probably high to fake it every time your boyfriend is around.


Well, now, we've talked a little more. And I am meeting her and I might have a place to live.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

All I can say is, "come and knock on our door..."

Her name wouldn't happen to be Chrissy or Janet, would it?

Jack Tripper pretended to be gay to stay with Chrissy and Janet...

LOL

Jeff Watkins said...

No, her name was Zoya (or something Russian) and she was actaully a mix between Jamaican and white.

And her boyfriend wouldn't let her have a non-gay roommate.

Chase said...

Are you doing this? If so, you're one step closer to fulfilling my prophecy. Seriously, draw a line.

Lots of love...

Jeff Watkins said...

At this point, I wish I could do this but I cannot. Her boyfriend will not let her have a male roommate.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha...lol