Monday, July 27, 2009

The New Reformation

Sometime back, a friend showed me a potential position that she found online and thought I'd be ideal for. Turns out, she was wrong. Oh yeah, it was for an education job at a Catholic church.

My email:

Hello,
My name is Jeff Watkins. I saw a vocational position open on the Archdiocese of New Orleans' website that I was interested in learning more about. I do feel, however, that I am not necessarily qualified. You see, I am not Catholic, but Protestant (and a Baptist, to boot). But, I do possess an MA in Christian Education from the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary and this position interests me greatly. Please let me know if the differences in where we sit on the Reformation hinders me from applying for this position.

Thank you.

Jeff Watkins

His Reply

Some months ago I listed a Director of Religious Education position for Our Lady of Prompt Succor Parish in Westwego. The position has been filled since SEPT 08.

By the way- for future reference- any position in the Catholic Church that deals with teaching or organizing the religious education programs of the Catholic Church at any level would require a fully qualified Catholic with credentials and experience in Catholic Religious Education.

May God continue to inspire you to the fullness of light and truth!

Father Ed

Rev. Edward M. Grice
Pastor
OLPS Parish

1 comment:

Chase said...

silly protestant...