Monday, October 02, 2006

Pre-chewed Food

Hi, my name is Jeff. I wait until the day before assignments are due to write them. I don't know why I do this. I want to change. I've tried to change. I have changed. I have a 2-3 page (single-spaced) hermeneutical paper on Genesis 22:1-14 due tomorrow. I started this thing on Saturday. I have been doing research since then. Everyday, I read for two or three hours and I still cannot formulate enough words to write the paper. Due later this month, I have a key word study due on the Hebrew word 'ola ([whole] burnt offering). But, first, I have to do this background study on human sacrifice, as related to Abraham offering Isaac to Yahweh. So, instead of writing a paper, I post a blog. And that is why I am here, still writing. Bye.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

It would all be so much easier on you if you would just like coffee. Coffee = invincible feeling = fantastic paper. Trust me on this one.

Anonymous said...

Not that this has anything really to do with waiting until the last minute to do things... it does, however, have something to do with Abraham and Isaac... My nephew, Caleb, saw a stained glass window in the sanctuary of the church part of the school, that I "teach" at and he goes to, this morning, and it was of that scene with Abraham and Isaac... Well, Caleb pointed to it and said, "how did God get a sword?" hahaha

I always think it's cute (and it makes me laugh) when kids always think religious pictures are of God or Jesus. If it's of a man or boy, it's God or Jesus. And, most of their answers to questions about people are, "Jesus!" or "God!" HAHA

Like I said, this really has nothing to do with much of anything in your post...


Hope you're able to get your paper done and then that other one done sooner than later!

Later.

Chase said...

when you said, "that is why I am here" were you at all referring to that guy you told me about...."there's a reason you're here?"

you should change the title to "Cud and Punishment"

Jeff Watkins said...

Sarah: If I could study with people around and I liked coffee, your apartment would be Heaven now.

Michelle: It's applicable, I just wish I could use the story in my paper.

Chase: I'm not sure I know what you're talking about.

Sarah said...

You have no one to blame but yourself, you ADHD hermit.

P.S. There are cinnamon rolls too...just to add insult to injury. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hello. I am a totally random person, who happened across your page by way of a google mistake. However, being that you are also a Jeff W (my own name is Jeff Walloch) I figured I'd listen to what you had to say. I find you views interesting, and somewhat similar to my own. In any case, Kudos!

Jeff Watkins said...

Jeff thanks for stopping by. If you have a blog, leave a link next time...