Sunday, August 15, 2004

There Isn't A Problem In The Church That Evangelism Can't Solve

Quote for the year, I tell you.

Tonite, Jared Fries and I had a splendid time together. Read his account of our evening. It's always fun to hang out with old friends. Especially ones who never get on your nerves. Do I sound gay?

It was this evening that I coined a phrase!

Jared and I were talking about having your individual friends start hanging out together and thus building their own union of friendship. I mentioned that it bothered me because I know people and what they mean to me and that's usually individually. When they start redefining things, it messes me up. I said, [paraphrased] "Inter-friending is never good." Where do I come up with this stuff? It always sounds good in my head.

I love the weekends. Having days off is always nice, but the weekends...It just feels like freedom. It's so sad that I look forward to them though. They always disappoint. I remember when I was a kid and weekends were standard things. Now, I have to wait for every other one to come. Being an adult is tiring.

I wanted to write and display my moderately-sized vocabulary, but it's really too late for anything like that. So this is just another random post about my moderately lame life.

Today I slept late. It was just wonderful to not need an alarm clock. I fixed myself some chicken, macaroni and cheese, and lima beans for lunch. I'm really progressing as a cook. Next week, a casserole of some sort. I did a few things, but nothing big. I also needed to, though not accomplished, try to sort through my opulence of crap and figure out what I'm going to sell on Ebay before I move again. A must do for tomorrow. Another must do, church. But, I'm lazy and apparently Agnostic because I'm not going. I have made a demand to read the Bible though. Wash dishes, sort old sports cards, take pictures, et cetera are all on the agenda.

Okay, I'm growing sleepy. G'night...

"Oh the toil a lie can bring. That quitters never know. But lies can be the perfect things. If they never show." Pedro The Lion, Never Leave A Job Half Done, from Winners Never Quit.

No comments: