Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Tonight, I ran into an old friend. It was nice to see this person, but it was a little awkward for me. After the first couple of words were spoken, this person started talking about another mutual friend we both have [or this person once had, as they are no longer calling them a friend]. And it was fine. I was up for talking about this. However, I had already heard one side of the story (from the other friend). I know there are two sides to every story, but I couldn't help wonder who's side was legit in this matter. This friend shared things I didn't know, which helped place together pieces of it in my head. The thing that got me was, who do I believe? I don't think either would lie to me, but they are both capable because we're all humans. So, then it became a question of who do I trust more. Both equally I guess. Regardless, I'm not worried. I don't plan on mentioning either encounter to the other, so that should keep me off the hook from having to play the whose-side-do-I-pick-game. I just wonder, since this happens so much, what side do you pick? Both of those people, didn't do any wrong to me. So, I should think about that and not get caught up in their drama, right?

No comments: