Saturday, August 21, 2004

on everything i love

on everything i love

When I was a child, I used to dream of getting older, like it was some sort of fantasy a typical kid would have. I told my mom I wanted to pay my mortgage, raise kids, have to clean all the time, be responsible, etc; do all of the typical adult stuff. I probably said that I didn't want Jesus to come back until I'm done being a grown up. But, as I got older, I started wanting Jesus to come back, fast even! At work, my coworkers and I tell each other to have a good night and we'll see each other tomorrow. However, it's always concluded with, "if the Lord wills it," which is proper and Biblical. As a child, those words might have frightened me. But, as an adult, my response is always, "but if he doesn't, we won't be mad." Please Jesus, come soon.


Hey ungraceful. I will teach you to forgive one another.
Hey unfaithful. I will teach you to be stronger.
Hey unloving. I will love you and will love you.
And she's lost. I'm ready to come.
Jesus I'm ready to come home.
I'm ready to come. Unfaithful. Ungraceful. And unloving.
I will love you.
Underoath- Some Will Seek Forgiveness, Others Escape

No comments: