Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Senior Honors Day

Today, the Baptist College of Florida honored it's graduating seniors of spring 2003 with a fun-filled, no class, free food extravaganza, simply known as Senior Honors Day. It really wasn't all that much fun, but it was nice to not have to go to all of my classes. I still went to Old Testament and history because of lecture notes I needed to get and a test I had to take.

I am better today, than I was yesterday. The end of yesterday was just crummy and that was no fun at all. I'm just stressed and tired. Last night I taught a lesson about heaven to a couple of friends. In that, I talked about heaven being a place of rest. What a wonderful thought. After such an in-depth study, I am more anxious to get to heaven now than any other time in my Christian walk.

Since I'm fixing to graduate from college, I'm hoping to start a series for the next week and a half about what college life has been like for me. I will do seven of these, one for each semester that I've lived and gone to school in Graceville:

First Semester

-Found out what having a Christian walk was and wasn't
-Began my first process of seeking God's will for a relationship with a girl
-Encountered a "meal plan" for the first time
-Probably gained an extra 15-20 pounds
-Took college classes at a college, not high school
-Found out our college wasn't like a normal college
-Learned how to write again by taking English 100 with Dr. Carrol
-Found out college isn't as hard as everyone made it out to be
-Found out I only wanted my BA
-Figured out studying helps you pass classes
-Realized that procrastination is fun, but not the night before something is due
-Learned a new meaning to “being on your own”
-Stayed out until 5 AM and slept until 3 PM...

"I can't expel the truth. It's much more than I thought I could do. And with time my worth with stain and split your heart from my name... So drive away your mouth from my ears and waste a day. So I can think clearly..." Sleep Spent by Death Cab For Cutie from the album Something About Airplanes.

No comments: