Monday, May 05, 2003

Breaking The Law
Batman would have been cooler if he were more like me. I mean if Bruce Wayne would have been visually impaired the whole thing would have been more interesting, especially if he couldn't drive at night. It would definetly have been trickier.

Legally, its no night driving for me, but last night I broke the law. I'd like to be able to tell you that this was only in case of an emergency, that I woke up dying and had to rush myself to the ER. I'd like to tell you that it was a close call. I'd like to tell you all of this because I enjoy lying quite terribly.

But anyway, bald face lying is out. Lying and fessing up in the same breath is the new hip thing to do. It works kind of like the 5-second rule. C'mon you try it: Comment and tell me that you thought this post was really funny or that in general you enjoy my writing. Then comment a second time and tell me that you didn't really mean what you said. It'll be a hoot! I promise.

Let's move on to the whole truth. Last night me and Donna had gone to the Supercenter. There I purchased a pair of casual shoes, a much needed new pair of jeans (God Bless Wrangler!), and the new Hootie LP for Donna. We were going back to my parents house.

Over the ride home we had listened to the cd. When we got to the house we were three tracks shy of having heard the whole album. So I suggested we drive onward. We continued down the road to Pansey. I asked her if I could drive back.

I assured her, "It's been a year since I've driven at all and three or more since I have at night." This didn't help as I hoped it would, but for whatever reason she okayed it. Before you could say, "Ring around the Chevy" I was in the driver's seat.

So then right turn after right turn for an hour I drove. Donna said I did well and that she was comfortable. I think this surprised both of us. I was perfectly calm. I think there's just something about driving with her as opposed to my dad that makes the ride smoother.

I told her that driving made me feel like more of a man. And it did. I'm glad God's brought Donna into my life, she's a good driving instructor.















No comments: