Tuesday, January 22, 2002

I asked Jeff today if he wanted to read a poem about death. He said that he was in a good mood and didn't want to get bummed out. Then I rambled on(not unusual),"death,death,death,death, Grim Reaper, OooH, He;s gonna get you!!!" I'm not pondering death really, it's just an idea that came to me. So don't worry. This is of course, a work in progress. Here it is!

What if tonight
I went out like a light
What if I slept like a baby
And died like an old lady?
What if this was it?
Would I throw a fit?
What if tomorrow
Friends kept all they borrowed
And divided up my things
A feather of my wings
Could be given to each of them
I'll go out on a limb
And say the branch might break
Before I awake
And if your going to cry
There's some Kleenex by
The telephone
I will not die alone
You've all been friends to me
You've never left me lonely
And that's all that matters

No comments: