Thursday, January 31, 2002

For once I was on time for class. I asked Milks what we were supposed to read for the class that followed. It was 35 pages I hadn't read. Since I had yet to miss the class I weighed the option of skipping and going to read. I said the only kink in the plan was that I might run into Dr. Purcell on my way out. I threw my bag on my shoulder and headed out. And in walked the good doctor. As I had told Mike Smith I would I said,"I'm going to get some water." I exited, drank from the fountain and returned. I had heard chuckles from Mike and others upon leaving, now a good handful of people were laughing about it, including Dr. Purcell. He said something like, "It would have been better I hadn't seen him." Don't I know it? I tried to play it off. I said, "I don't mind skipping, but it would have been weird for you to see me leave." At the end of class I carried leftover handouts to him, he quipped,"Glad to have you in class today." I made a perfect score on the quiz we had, but then I lost 35 points because I hadn't read.



No comments: