Thursday, April 12, 2007

An Exploitation of the Situation

Today, I almost got in an accident. Although it would not have been my fault, it scared me quite a bit. Let's just say, there is not a three second delay from one traffic signal to another in New Orleans. And a stupid women would have plowed into me because she was running behind, on a cell phone, or for some other minuscule reason. So in case you wondered, yeah, that's right, she got the bird! And a lot of profanity to boot. Then I had to apologize to God, 'cause you know, he was watching out for me all along.

Another weird story. I went grocery shopping the other day at Wal-Mart. The nearest corporate super conglomerate is about fifteen minutes away. But because I cannot drive on the interstate due to my car's faulty thermostat, I have to take the long way, which makes the ride nearly an hour long. That was okay though (I didn't have my afternoon class). It was, however, raining that day, so that was annoying and I wanted to avoid getting wet. Thinking ahead, I rolled my pants up and ran into the store with my Reef flip flops in my hands, and under the umbrella to keep them dry. When I got inside, I wiped them off, rolled my pants legs down, and proceeded to put my shoes back on. A lady walked by and asked if my flops were Rainbows. I told her they were not, but proudly boasted, "Reefs" (the best ever, in my long time flip flop wearing experience). We then discussed foot fashions for a couple minutes. It turns out, she had lived in Brevard County for some time (and more specifically, my hometown of Melbourne). So random. Small world crap, you know?

One more. Goodfellas is one of my favorite films of all time. Not so much for the acting, which of course is supreme, but because Joe Pesci cusses more eloquently than anyone else in all of cinema. Sometimes, it's hard to articulate in proper vernacular. Thus, you say something like, you know, nooch. Anyway, that's all.

Pictures, stars, and dreams...

No comments: