Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Breakfast?

My Dad has taught me many things in my life. He has imparted me with some valuable wisdom over the years. Whether it was to appreciate 60's music or to understand the importance of family values, I'll be forever changed because of his influence on my life. But the one lesson that I will never, ever be able to forget that he taught me is just how enjoyable breakfast food is at any other time in the day except the morning. Don't get me wrong, I eat breakfast in the AM occasionally. But, I mostly eat breakfast food post 5 PM. I don't know why, but it's just good that way. The McDonald's on Louisa and Old Gentilly here in NOLA is open 24 hours a day. There drive thru starts serving breakfast at 4 AM. Last night, after watching Florida victoriously win against Ohio State, I decided to stay up just so I could get breakfast early in the morning. McDonald's just tastes better at an ungoldy hour.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, enjoy breakfast food anytime of the day...but, not as much in the morning as later in the day... perhaps it's because it's just so early in the morning for all that breakfast food...

I wish McDonalds, Hardees, and Burger King and all those lovely fast food restaurants, that serve breakfast in the morning only, would change their policies and serve breakfast all day long! I think they'd make more money that way! They'd make more from me! haha I prefer the fast food restaurants' breakfast foods over any of their other food...

Anonymous said...

So I recently read a study on the effect of fast food on males age 25-30. The results? There was a 10% increase in skull size in 98 out of 100 subjects (the other two actually experienced shrinkage and hives...go figure) So I'd keep an eye on that if I were you.

Oh, and Michelle, it's ridiculous that I know this, but fast food places can't serve breakfast all day because they can't cook the eggs and the burgers on the same griddles (the heat has to be a lot higher for the beef). Yeah, I'm a fountain of random facts :)

Anonymous said...

oh, i knew that they needed the griddles to be hotter for the beef (i think i saw that on unwrapped one time when they were doing a special on mcdonald's food or something)...but, they should still find a way to work all that out! haha have a special griddle or stove top or something for the eggs and all the other breakfast foods... ha! :-) they could still cook the hashbrowns, couldn't they? haha ;-)
but, thank you, Sarah, for letting me know that! :-) it's ridiculous that we BOTH know that...haha (now, anyone who reads the comment section of this specific blog will know all that, as well...)

Jeff Watkins said...

My blog is informative all the time.

Anonymous said...

Ahem. Rethink that statement. Your comment section is informative all the time.

My nickname in college was Party All the Time.

blaize said...

I thought about you Jeff, when I stubled across this site:

I gonna go to hell when I die