Monday, July 10, 2006

Part One: Shhh

I hopped in my car tonight
Heading east
Just trying to get out of this small town
All I found along the way
Were signs of frustration
Nothing but detours and exits
All leading back here
Why can't I get away from you
I see that smile every where I go
I wanted you then
And I want you now
But I don't know if what I want
Is what's best for you

Part Two: Hmmm

In spite of what you said
I may be better off dead

Instead of living here with you
I could live in a world where everything wasn't blue

These things that I think and say
Are the emotions that help me struggle through another day

Everything within me wants to break free
Going along without everybody's sympathy

Trying to stay honest and be true
Not to myself because I have nothing left to lose

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Free Slurpees from 7-11 today! (Of course, I'm going by past years... I haven't been to 7-11 yet to see if the really do have them... lol)

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW WOW. I wish I had a comment that was on par with those poems. They really touched my heart tonight... thank you...

blaize said...

I knew you were a closet Petra fan. You just never wanted to admit it when I lived with you...