Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Open Letter To NBC: Why Conan O'Brien Should Stay

Dear NBC,

I have watched Conan O'Brien off and on for 15 years. I first discovered him staying up late at my Grandmother's house when I should have in bed. In high school I typically caught Conan on Friday nights when I could stay up late without fear of getting in trouble. Onward through college and then in grad school, my night wouldn't be complete without tuning into Late Night to hear Conan's monologue. The cycle remains today. I work nights and get to hear Conan's witty and wise words each evening. Please don't take this away from me.

I'll have you know, however, it isn't just me. Many different millions of people from all walks of life love Conan. As evidenced by his ratings this week, nobody wants him to go this way. He hasn't even had a year as the host of the Tonight Show.

I don't watch The Office or 30 Rock, which I assume are your highest rated shows. The last show I watched on NBC was Scrubs, and now I watch it on ABC. I never miss Conan and there are millions who are like me. I didn't mind Leno and would occasionally view his program, but for you to take Conan out like this, rest assured, I will never watch Leno or NBC again.

Sincerely,

Jeff Watkins
New Orleans, LA

4 comments:

Michelle said...

The Office and Conan were the only NBC shows I watched. And, I will never watch Jay Leno again, either. (Not that I really watched him, anyway.) I hope he gets fired a 3rd time from NBC.

How are you doing, Jeff?

Jeff Watkins said...

Yeah. I like the monologues at the beginning of the 'tonight shows' so that's what I mostly watch (although I preferred Conan the best).

I'm doing pretty okay. How about yourself?

alobar said...

Conan is good. You should watch The Office though. Good stuff really. Rainn Wilson is ...odd but funny.

Jeff Watkins said...

I actually own seasons 1-5 of The Office on DVD, but I've never watched them. I'm probably just going to resell them 'cause I can stream nearly everything on Netflix.