theram4jc made this template

to whom it may concern

 

About Me

Jeff Watkins
Age: Still alive
Email
Occupation: Too many things
AIM:JeffyJeffW
For sale on Amazon.com
For sale on eBay
Amazon.com Wishlist
My space
My library
My reviews and lists

Previous Posts

Enough with the 'Happy New Years' Already!
Merry Christmas
Ny New Car: 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S (Smoke Grey)
I just wrote a blog
Weird
I Guess 2Pac was Wrong -- ("Changes")
On Presidential Elections and Logic
Voodoo Music Festival
About A Car
I Spent $179.65 This Weekend...


© To Whom It May Concern 2002-2010, except for cited or source material.

 

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Mind Says No, But My Body Says Yes

I don't want to come here ever again. It is such a mind numbing chore to blog. Who blogs anymore? I hear about these so-called bloggers who shape news and inform the public. If you have a web log that has been around for as long as To Whom, then you can say something. I read so much crap on the internet. So much pretentious fluff about God knows what. Who cares, really?

An update on my life:
I want to start blogging more frequently again.

Realization:
What did I just say?

Confession:
I sort of miss having a place to air grievances and share my life. I think I need to just stop being pretentious and treat this thing like what it ought to be, not what it could be. I am not a reporter. I am Jeff and this is my life.

Currently:
I graduated in December. I am still working for the Magnolia School in old Jefferson, Louisiana and living in New Orleans. This May will mark two years of employment.

Also, I am applying to Ph.D. programs now. Right now, working on stuff for Rice University and University of Louisville (in the areas of Religious Studies and Humanities, respectively). I also have been corresponding with the chair of the Religious Studies department at Brown University. I have missed the deadline to apply, but they have some unique things there that might be worth the investment of five more years in school. Why do I do this to myself?

Love and death,

Jeff

posted by Jeff Watkins at 10:40 AM

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say, I'm glad you still blog occasionally. And here's to hoping you end up in Louisville.

-Jess

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home