Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Mind Says No, But My Body Says Yes

I don't want to come here ever again. It is such a mind numbing chore to blog. Who blogs anymore? I hear about these so-called bloggers who shape news and inform the public. If you have a web log that has been around for as long as To Whom, then you can say something. I read so much crap on the internet. So much pretentious fluff about God knows what. Who cares, really?

An update on my life:
I want to start blogging more frequently again.

Realization:
What did I just say?

Confession:
I sort of miss having a place to air grievances and share my life. I think I need to just stop being pretentious and treat this thing like what it ought to be, not what it could be. I am not a reporter. I am Jeff and this is my life.

Currently:
I graduated in December. I am still working for the Magnolia School in old Jefferson, Louisiana and living in New Orleans. This May will mark two years of employment.

Also, I am applying to Ph.D. programs now. Right now, working on stuff for Rice University and University of Louisville (in the areas of Religious Studies and Humanities, respectively). I also have been corresponding with the chair of the Religious Studies department at Brown University. I have missed the deadline to apply, but they have some unique things there that might be worth the investment of five more years in school. Why do I do this to myself?

Love and death,

Jeff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say, I'm glad you still blog occasionally. And here's to hoping you end up in Louisville.

-Jess