theram4jc made this template

to whom it may concern

 

About Me

Jeff Watkins
Age: Still alive
Email
Occupation: Too many things
AIM:JeffyJeffW
For sale on Amazon.com
For sale on eBay
Amazon.com Wishlist
My space
My library
My reviews and lists

Previous Posts

Summer's Possibilities
Your Questions, My Answers
Sad
I'm Done Quoting Song Lyrics
i wrote it down, and i remember
Son, I Loved You At Your Darkest
"Rejoice"
Spam
"Dusk and Summer"
I'm Writing This To Break Your Heart


© To Whom It May Concern 2002-2010, except for cited or source material.

 

Saturday, June 21, 2008

"Building A Better Me"

By Dogwood
From Building A Better Me

Superficial nature wearing thin.
I can't seem to begin.
What really do I see when I stare back at me?
As crushing time reveals my foe,
Inheriting all woe.
Solutions in the past,
Conditioned not to ask.
It's what you're meant to be,
Your name and number.
Be all that you should be.
You will recover things you haven't lost,
Because they don't see you like you think they do.
Please just become you.
"Release your fear" is what he said.
This all came to a head.
Feel cheated out of you,
Tradition follows through.
Though I can't see how this will end,
I know that you will always pull me through.
My soul went searching for a cause
But came back empty-handed.
The emptiness you see...
Building a better me.

posted by Jeff Watkins at 3:28 PM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Auntie Ann said...

What poignant words.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Flesheater said...

Good song, good band... but a really cheesy music video. Ever seen it?

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home