Thursday, March 21, 2002

Alas, Another Day....

Much like Mr. McLeod I have been in Miami as well. I work for a phone survey company called Turner Research and we are down here working for the week. We are interviewing pastors of local churches and asking them their visions, joys, and struggles. I think the most 'vital piece of information I've gotten out of this is the fact that I can honestly say, they're some deeply concerned ministers in the world. Not to bash on my ''white' heritage in all, but we as Americans are so spoiled. I see hispanic, haitian, french/creole, Caribbean pastors just doing there thing for the Lord. While I see a lot of bickering and complaining amongst the white anglo saxon protestant pastors. Jeez, if I could share more or say more or tell stories I would. I even got asked by a french/creole pastor to come down and speak to his english speaking youth during my Christmas break. I gave him my address and information. I was really encouraged. Tonight we went to this huge, massive, indescribably large fair. We helped the Miami Baptist Association hand out copies of the New Testament. Talk about 'Christian Ministry'. That in itself either gets you really fired up or really disheartened. A lot of smiling joyous faces and then some not so friendly ones.

On a topic that I don't think has been addressed so much on here. Atleast it is relevant for us guys to talk about. LUST! It is sin and it sux. I often complain about the ''bubble'' our school is contained in. All the Christian this and Christian that makes someone go bonkers after a little while. Just ditsy girls, way too many smiling faces, and a butt load of fruitless conversation. Well, tonight I can honestly say I missed it. This is place is one big stumbling block. I even try to avoid looking at females and they are more in the opposite direction. It's crazy. What's scary is the fact that I realize this is something that all guys struggle with and my, myself, and I are my own worst enemies to me, myself, and I. I have a feeling though I know why this is happening. You see, I have a good friend who is one of my closet friends and her and I are praying about a relationship. Now, as of yet, I don't know the outcome. However, I have a feeling that satan is trying to use this worldly desire of the flesh to throw me off track. In my life, I can say I stumble, but I have been mostly victorious in this area. It's scary because I haven't had to fight so hard in my life, which leads me to think that this thing with my friend is real. Please pray for me as I try to discern God's perfect will for my so very inadaquit life. I don't pray for it to be God's will for her to be in my life, I pray to be able to figure out if it is God's will for her to be in my life. Just a note, if you haven't ever seen me on here or heard my name, yeah I've been gone for a month, but I wanted to throw this out while I had the spare moments of the evening/early morning. I'm Jeff and I'm gonna dip for now, but not forever.

Love and Hatred

Jeff Watkins

No comments: