theram4jc made this template

to whom it may concern

 

About Me

Jeff Watkins
Age: Still alive
Email
Occupation: Too many things
AIM:JeffyJeffW
For sale on Amazon.com
For sale on eBay
Amazon.com Wishlist
My space
My library
My reviews and lists

Previous Posts

Once I had a dream and now it may come true.
Songs of Love Are Better Than Songs About Sorrow ...
Workin' Man's Blues I went back to that temp pl...
Ain't Nothin' But A 'G' Thing Baby And 'G' stan...
Only By The Grace of God Go I I cannot express...
Computer Club, Computer Club Remember that Paul...
While You Were Out..... I am a slacker. My...
Two Can Play That Game Instead of going out lik...
Cut Your Hair by Pavement: Darlin' don't you g...
Slightly Updated Wow, all my comrades have post...


© To Whom It May Concern 2002-2010, except for cited or source material.

 

Sunday, October 12, 2003

The Shot Heard Around the World

As promised, I am trying to blog more frequently. I mentioned last week that I have pursuing my theological studies more as of late. I had gotten to this point in my life where I needed certian questions answered that my current theological postion just would not answer. I was tired of running in circles. Over the past month or so, I have gotten alot deeper in the scriptures, and really tried to understand my beliefs, and to really ground myself in the truth. Call it a crisis of faith if you will. I have always struggled with doubts when it comes to my life and beliefs. In my opinion these doubts have made me a stonger person, considering I question everything. Alot of people don't question anything, least of all their faith. I guess somehow we got it into our heads that it was wrong to doubt. So in light of all of these doubts, it led me to really study what I believed. I needed to know excatly to what extent I believed in God's sovererignty and our own human depravity. So with that being said, I now consider myself reformed, not just in the non-catholic sense, but in the theological position as well. This has been a long three year process for me, considering I hated the very idea of being a "Calvinist" when I first stared studying. I have called it heresy before, but I was ignorant at the time. Then eventually I actually saw reformed theology as a valid postion, although I still didn't agree with it's tenants. A few weeks ago I started reading A.W Pink's " The Sovereignty of God" and I kept my bible open to reread the scriptures he would quote in the book. I found that I couldnt argue with his points, and with scripture. So after much seeking and prayer I feel like I can say I am reformed. Of course the more I read, the more I realize what I dont know. All I know is that I feel so much more free now than I have felt in years. God's grace is amazing, and His love endures forever.

posted by Justin at 1:43 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home