theram4jc made this template

to whom it may concern

 

About Me

Jeff Watkins
Age: Still alive
Email
Occupation: Too many things
AIM:JeffyJeffW
For sale on Amazon.com
For sale on eBay
Amazon.com Wishlist
My space
My library
My reviews and lists

Previous Posts

Something Semi-significant I often struggle wit...
Shenanigans The weekend is here and I find myse...
Adventures In Prussia Staring back at the clock...
Help Again Just in case anyone is interested, I...
Update I spent most of the day yesterday p...
Mr. Know-It-All I like my roommate a lot! He’s...
Goat Ropers and Surfers Dark halls bring us clo...
Dreams, et cetera They say dreams are the result ...
Monday, 47 Days Until Graduation I’m sure they ...
Is He Talking about Love Again? My sp...


© To Whom It May Concern 2002-2010, except for cited or source material.

 

Monday, April 07, 2003

Sweet Dreams

I have come to the conclusion that most people do not follow their dreams. I think most people end up settling for something less. I consider myself to have some ambition and passions in my life, and I would hope that my friends would agree. My friends know I have a desire to be a filmmaker, and my love for playing guitar. Now to be honest, I have not truly pursued either of these endeavors, but I plan to. It's very hard to be jobless and live in a small town with nothing but your dreams to keep you company.

My dreams are very important to me. They are things that I have thought about for years, and I truly believe that God has given me these desires. I am not satisfied with just having a nice job and a nice paycheck, I would rather be a starving artist or poet. I am already starving, so I may as well be a poet as well. I wish I could just know excatly what God has in mind for me, instead of just wondering what will happen next.

I see alot of people in jobs that they hate. I am not just talking about the average college student, I am talking about all kinds of people as well. I talked to a lady once who was working at Long John Silvers, and she had worked there for 17 years! This woman was in her 40s I would think, and I wonder if she liked her job. I honestly think she enjoys her job, and after that much time I guess you could get used to the idea. Although I do not think when she was 13 years old her goal was to work in fast food for the rest of her life. I am not bashing people who work fast food, just wondering why people choose to ignore their dreams. I think people just reach a point where they think life has nothing else to offer them. so they take the first thing that presents itself.

I suppose people just want the ideal 9 to 5 job, and make enough money to support a family. Who cares if the job is something they enjoy or not? All that matters is the money. I realize this post is not the most coherent thing I have ever written, but its just something I was thinking about today. Maybe I will write someting of more substance later.

Oh so here is a cool little tibit. I was talking to Michaela online yesterday ( she rocks) and we were talking about relationships. I was talking about the kind of girl I wanted, and I has a profound thought. I said, "I want a girl who will love me with her actions and not just her words". I thought that was a really good line, so stay tuned for the poem.


posted by Justin at 11:23 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home