theram4jc made this template

to whom it may concern

 

About Me

Jeff Watkins
Age: Still alive
Email
Occupation: Too many things
AIM:JeffyJeffW
For sale on Amazon.com
For sale on eBay
Amazon.com Wishlist
My space
My library
My reviews and lists

Previous Posts

Anecdotal Aspirations People have been asking...
When it Rains You'd think I would learn by no...
She Walks in Beauty or Some Byron, a Pipe, and A...
Valentine by The Get Up Kids from Something To Wri...
Monday, Tuesday, Happy Days Actually, to best s...
Is This Love That I'm Feeling This could b...
To Whom It May Concern My name is Charles Emery...
Just letting you guys know....I had a good post fo...
Beta Testing Ah, newness at last! I spent ...
Your Words Are Better Than Mine Ripping pages f...


© To Whom It May Concern 2002-2010, except for cited or source material.

 

Friday, February 14, 2003

A Mediation on Love

Who is She who rises as the Morning
As beautiful as the moon
As pure as the sun
And more awesome the army with banners (Song of Songs 6:10)

Yes, it is St Valentine's and as I prepare for rest, in the first hours of the day of love, I consider love. I comptemplate of my affection for my Rosie, of how our yet short time has come to mean so very much to me. I think of my friends and their reactions to the day. I think about the historical massacre and the lives lost in it. I think of Christ's love for me, and I morn. How very unloving am I. I try but still I do not succeed. Reminds me of Caedmon's Call's Song Daring Daylight Escape. The song says, "You can read all about it, of how boy meets girl, and then screws the whole thing up... just like always." It also reminds me of how thankful I am that I am incapable of doing any good on my own. Through God's grace love is different than you think, it's never in a song or on a tv screen. It's so much more than any of that. I suppose I'm still in awe, just like a little kid who got to play around in a space shuttle. Anyway you folks don't want to hear me ramble on any more. Happy St Valentines Day Massacre.

- Chaz

posted by taranhill at 1:03 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home