theram4jc made this template

to whom it may concern

 

About Me

Jeff Watkins
Age: Still alive
Email
Occupation: Too many things
AIM:JeffyJeffW
For sale on Amazon.com
For sale on eBay
Amazon.com Wishlist
My space
My library
My reviews and lists

Previous Posts

For Teresa Today, one year ago, Teresa Tucker's...
Congratulations To Matt and Tara Portiss I come...
Merry Christmas We here @ To Whom It May Concer...
I Wanted To Write Something Nice On This Christmas...
Trifecta We all three blogged here in the same da...
Two Days Until Christmas The anticipation is bu...
Since We're All Cussing Every year this real nice...
Sorry This is Not a Christmas Post Tonight ...
On The 9th Day of Christmas, My True Love Gave To ...
Home For The Holidays I’ve now been at home for...


© To Whom It May Concern 2002-2010, except for cited or source material.

 

Sunday, December 29, 2002

Wedding Dress

I just checked out a new song from Derek Webb, one of the singer/songwriters from Caedmons Call. He is releasing a solo album called She Must and Shall Go Free in March, which I am very excited about. I had the chance to listen to the entire album the other day, and I was very impressed. I have been very dissapointed with most "christian" music over the past year. I feel like most of the stuff on the shelves is either forced , or vague in it's spiritual content. Most of the songs I have heard as of late has stirred my emotions, but not in the spiritual sense. Songs about girls, loss, love, pain and poetry..has pretty much been my musical drug of choice. I needed something that would speak to my spiritual being. Webb's songs spoke to me and related to me in a very real and powerful way. These were not typical "christian" songs. They are soaked in scripture (which is lacking in alot of christian music), and it speaks to you in a very real way. Songs that actually made me sit down and soul search, and rethink my own walk with the Lord. I havent felt this strongly about any song since Jars of Clay's Worlds Apart ( which is my fav song of all time). If you get a chance, check out the album here, and heres is the lyrics to one of the songs called Wedding Dress, and it s amazing. Let me know what you think, you can download the mp3 here.

Wedding Dress

If you could love me as a wife
and for my wedding gift, your life
should that be all I'd ever need
or is there more I'm looking for


and should I read between the lines
and look for blessings in disguise
to make me handsome, rich, and wise
is that really what you want


(chorus)
I am a whore I do confess
but I put you on just like a wedding dress
and I run down the aisle
I'm a prodigal with no way home
but I put you on just like a ring of gold
and I run down the aisle to you



so could you love this bastard child
though I don't trust you to provide
with one hand in a pot of gold
and with the other in your side
I am so easily satisfied
by the call of lovers so less wild
that I would take a little cash

over your very flesh and blood

(chorus)


because money cannot buy
a husband's jealous eye
when you have knowingly deceived his wife



Thats it for now. Hope you enjoy.


posted by Justin at 10:24 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home